The split system air conditioning is on of the most easy to use, clean, quiet and economical types of air conditioning available in today’s market. The indoor unit can be installed on the wall, floor or attached to the ceiling with all refrigerant pipe work and electrical cables being connected to the outdoor unit / condenser without being visible
Advantages of the split systems. Energy efficient, Easy operation and low maintenance.
Five types of split systems available
Split air conditioning systems are very popular, especially in residential properties. At Ice Age Air, we often recommend them to people who have smaller air conditioning needs and are on a budget. These units are very easy to install and maintain so they’re relatively stress-free. We can help you choose the right split system in Sydney for your needs.
Why Choose Split Systems?
Split air conditioners are popular for a reason and that’s because they provide many distinct advantages over other forms of air conditioning systems. Here are some you should consider before you make your decision:
- Low Cost of Ownership – Split systems have a very low cost of ownership because they require less maintenance and help you save money on energy bills. They’re also more affordable than ducted systems.
- Easy Installation – They’re relatively easy to install compared to ducted systems. We only need to set up the condenser unit at an external location and install the indoor unit in your property and connect the two.
- Quiet – Split air conditioning systems are very quiet because the outdoor unit is the part of the system that makes the noise and that can be placed away from rooms or on rooftops.
- Easy Maintenance – They’re also very easy to maintain as the filters can be removed and washes easily; and the outdoor unit is accessible for repairs.
A split system in Sydney is a great idea for both residential and commercial use and can help you save a lot of money on energy bills.
Types of Split System in Sydney
Most split systems are similar in concept and operation. You have an outdoor unit with the main compressor that does all the heavy lifting. The indoor unit is smaller and quieter, helps circulate the air, and has the user interface. However, the design of the system can vary and you can choose something that would fit in with your décor. Here are some of the systems we sell:
- Cassette Type – This system is mounted on the ceiling and is usually flush against the surface. It’s a great option for people who want a discreet unit that wouldn’t disrupt the lines and flow of their room’s design.
- Floor Mounted – Floor mounted split systems are not as popular as other units because they take up floor space. However, if you don’t mind that, they’re a good choice as well.
- Wall Mounted – This is the most popular split system in Sydney because it’s easy to install, relatively affordable, and easy to maintain.
- Underceiling Type – Like the cassette type unit, this is attached to the ceiling and out of the way. It’s not completely flush against the surface, but it’s still every discreet.
- Bulkhead Type – If you have a bulkhead in the room, this unit is a good idea for you. You save space and maintain the aesthetics of your room at the same time.
You can get in touch with us at Ice Age Air for more information at any time. Just use this contact us form or call us on for a free quote. We’ll be happy to hear from you!